Health Matters Radio
Listen Now To Local Medical Experts And Specialists As They Answer Your Questions On Fox Sports Radio 1380.
Listen to Recent Broadcasts of Shannon O'Kelley, MPT, IRG President talking with doctors, surgeons, physical and hand therapists, athletic trainers and other health specialists along with Maury Eskenazi on Fox Sports Radio 1380.
Ask A Question email@example.com
Patella Dislocation, Bug Bites
- Listen to Dr. Jeff Mason talk with a patient from Murphy’s Corner Physical Therapy in Mill Creek about his Patella Dislocation and Dr. Chris Beard discusses bug bites. Also the Health Matters team interview Corey Ashe Midfielder for the MLS Houston Dynamo.
Low Back Pain, Youth Injuries
- Doctor Justin Rothmier from The Sports Medicine Clinic discusses low back pain in young athletes. Doctor Robert Burger orthopedic surgeon discusses the STOP injuries campaign in youth athletes that renown orthopedic surgeon Dr James Andrews is president and cofounder.
Live At The AquaSox Game
- Listen to the Health Matters team interview AquaSox players and their performance specialist as well as Dr. Todd Havener talk about wrist fractures and Dr. Ralph Haller discusses labral tears seen in baseball players. Also on the show Stephen Hughes informs listeners about dehydration and Dr. Bill Mulliken talks about the best mouth guards for athletes.
Health Care Reform
- Listen to the show as Dr. Carl Jansen discusses the Haiti earthquake and about his experience providing medical relief to those in Haiti. Also, Congressman Rick Larsen discusses the New Health Care Law.
Bunions, Multiple Sclerosis
- Listen to the show as Dr. Howard Barker talks about Bunions and Dr. Shawn Ladonato discusses Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Listen to the show as Dr. Jeffrey Roh discusses primary and secondary Spinal Stenosis. Also Katie Wygant shares the mistakes people are making with Top Nutrition & Fitness.
- Dr. Clay Wertheimer goes over Shin Splints with us. Also on the show, Dr. Bill Mulliken gives some tips on brushing and flossing and Dr. James Grierson speaks about the Safe Harbor Clinic in Stanwood.
Cystic Fibrosis, Allergies
- Dr. Klem goes over seasonal allergies with us on today’s show. Also on the show, Physical Therapist Allister Brookes and Dr. Montgomery will be discussing Cystic Fibrosis.
Little League Elbow
- On this show, Dr. Mitchel Storey, team physician for the Mariners discusses Little League Elbow and prevention. Also, learn more about cone beam technology, Rock n’ Roll Marathon, and getting kids active.
Sports Training, Jamie Moyer
- Dr. Mulliken explains ‘One Day Crowns.’ Also on the show, future Hall of Fame pitcher Jamie Moyer speaks on his career and The Moyer Foundation
and Jordan talks about sports performance training.
Knee Replacement, Surgery
- Dr. Bill Huang discusses the details of total knee replacement surgery and other options for partial joint replacements. Also Dr. Michael McDonnell talks about the Gallbladder and gallstones.
Sports Performance, Heartburn
- Jordan James discusses how to keep those New Year’s resolutions with certified sports performance trainers. Also on the show, Dr. Robert Klem speaks about the topics regarding aspects of heart burn.
Elbow Dislocation, WA Stealth
- Dr. Clay Wertheimer discusses details of dislocating elbows. Also, Dr. Bill Mulliken talks about dental implants; Stealth player Jamison Koesterer talks about training in the offseason.
ASTYM, Effects of Stress
- Dr. Robert Klem discusses the topics of stress, sleeping patterns, and overall well-being. Dr. Sevier talks about tendoninopathies and the effective way to heal these with ASTYM treatment.
Rotator Cuff, Mid-Age Screens
- Dr. Peter Kinahan, discusses the details of rotator cuff injuries and the treatment options for it. Other topics on the show include recommended screenings for those in their 40’s and 50’s, nutrition tips, weight loss.
2009 Health Matters Shows
Ski Injuries, Snohomish
- World Cup Alpine Skier, Scott McCartney, talks about injuries he has endured while skiing and what he has learned about them. Dr. Gary Goldbaum talks about the Swine Flu in Snohomish County.
Impinged Shoulder, Holidays
- Dr. Clay Wertheimer speaks on shoulder impingement. Kristy Uddin, OTR/L Hand Therapist discusses the details of “Holiday Thumb.” Julie Mahler advises on holiday eating and drinking tips.
Exercise And Aging
- Dr. Gina Cadena-Forney talks about exercise and aging, healthy hearts, and balance and fall. Also on the show, Bud Sesler from the Northshore YMCA of Snohomish. Bud is a 75 year-old fitness coach!
Plantar Fasciitis & Arthritis
- Dr. Howard Baker discusses the details of Planter Fasciitis. Dr. Jeff Peterson answers questions on Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Kelsey Birnbaum talks about the Jingle Bell Run & Walk. .
Travel Medicine & Meniscus
- With Halloween right around the corner, Dr. Bill Mulliken speaks about the effects of Halloween candy on teeth. On a different subject, Dr. Carl Janzen talks about the details of medications taken for travel.
Swine Flu & Hip Labral Tears
- Joining us is Dr. Clay Wertheimer to discuss the details of Hip Labral Tears. Also with us is Dr. Gary M. Goldbaum to talk about the Swine Flu and what the symptoms and treatments are.
Facet Pain & Concussions
- Listen to this show and learn about Facet Joint pain and new guide lines for concussions in youth sports.
Youth Hockey Injuries
- Dr. Clay Wertheimer answers questions on youth hockey injuries. Congressman Rick Larsen speaks about the Health Care Reform and Dr. Bill Mulliken on mouth injuries in youth sports.
Meniscus Injuries & Coaching
- Surgeon Dr Mason discusses meniscus injuries. Guest author, Mike Bergstrom, speaks about “The Car Ride Home.” Also, IRG’s Shannon O’Kelley on the topic of athletic sports performance for kids.
- Everett Bone & Joint doctors discuss sports related and occupational related injuries including ACL injuries in female athletes, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis in the thumb, of the foot and ankle.
Ankle Sprains & Medications
- Doctors discuss ankle injuries. Doctor Ruben Contreras discusses anti- inflammatory medications. Dietitian Julie Mahler discusses how to make a BBQ healthy.
- Mike McLaury discusses preseason sports conditioning. Dr. Clay Wertheimer speaks on IT Band Syndrome in runners and Dr. Victoria Stocker answers questions on skin protection in the summer.
Golfers Elbow & Hyponatremia
- Listen to Dr. Todd Havener answer questions regarding tennis elbow. Dr. Contreras discussing over hydration in marathon runners and Jennifer Busse giving tips on picking a summer camp for your child.
Shoulder & Baseball Injuries
- Dr. Richard Angelo from Evergreen Orthopedic Clinic answers questions on the topic of shoulder injuries. Also on the show is Dr. Clay Wertheimer discussing the overuse injury, Little League Elbow.
- Everett Bone & Joint’s Dr. Clay Wertheimer and Dr. Bill Huang both answer questions regarding knee injuries.