Fun Activities to Do in the Snow
- Go sledding! Get a sled, make a sled out of cardboard, and just go!
- Build a snowman. Roll some balls, big or small. Build a snowman together. Find rocks for eyes, twigs for arms, and wrap him up warm with a hat and scarf!
- Have a snowball fight! Show the kids how to make a snowball. Have target practice. Set up something to throw at and let the kids get some practice in throwing!
- Build a snow fort. Pack the walls together to build a safe place for hide out!
- While you’re out shoveling the driveway or sidewalk, let the kids help! Or have them make their own paths… maybe a snow maze!
- Go snowshoeing! Stomp through the snow and make footprints!
- Instead of making your own footprints, look for animal prints! Do you find rabbit prints? Squirrels? Deer? What’s in your backyard?
- Get creative outside in the cold! Paint the snow! Make it colorful!
- After a fresh snowfall, go lay out in it and make some snow angels together. Make a whole family!
- Put on some skis and hit the slopes!
Article by: Hands On As We Grow
Therapist Tips Categories
- Aging (1)
- Ailments (4)
- Back Therapy (4)
- Cancer (0)
- Elbow Therapy (1)
- Fitness and Exercise (3)
- Foot & Ankle Therapy (9)
- Hand & Wrist Therapy (8)
- Heart Health (0)
- Hip Therapy (1)
- Knee Therapy (2)
- Neck & Head Therapy (1)
- Nutrition & Diet (5)
- Rehabilitation (2)
- Shoulder Therapy (3)
- Sports Injuries (15)
- Sports Performance (7)
- Surgery Recovery (2)