Kinesio® Tex Tape can be used in treating orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and medical conditions.
Kinesio® Tex Tape and the Kinesio Taping Method provide support and stability to muscles. Based on kinesiology, the tape has the elasticity, adherence and breathability to allow the body’s natural range of motion and support the healing process and good circulation.
The added support and stability can greatly improve function and in turn, activity level. The major capabilities of K-taping are:
- Normalizing muscle function, allowing quicker return to activity
- Improved lymphatic and blood flow
- Reducing and managing pain
- Correcting misalignment of joints and tissues/re-educating neuromuscular system
Kinesio® Tex Tape can be used in treating orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and medical conditions. Assessment findings determine how the tape is applied. Application using specific shapes (I, X or Y shapes, for example), direction and amount of stretch will all be considered.
Kinesio taping has helped a great number of athletes, including Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Serena Williams and many Olympians. Although designed decades earlier, the general public became aware of Kinesio taping during the 2008 Summer Olympics when Kerri Walsh played beach volleyball with a K-taped right shoulder.
Practitioners may become a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP) by completing approved seminars and license agreement, passing an examination and maintaining a membership with the Kinesio Taping Association International (KTAI). CKTPs may then apply to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI). If selected, the practitioner must successfully complete the instructor certification program.
Recommended Kinesio Taping Media Links
Offered At These Clinics
- Seattle Center for Structural Medicine
- IRG Physical Therapy – Canyon Park
- IRG Arlington Physical & Hand Therapy
- A post with the ID $clinic does not exist.
- IRG Redmond Ridge Physical Therapy
- IRG Granite Falls Physical Therapy
- IRG Gateway Physical & Hand Therapy – (Mill Creek)
- SPT – Sports Physical Therapy Bellevue
- IRG Duvall Physical Therapy
- IRG Highlands Physical & Hand Therapy
- IRG – North Seattle Physical Therapy
- IRG Physical & Hand Therapy – Anacortes
- IRG Oak Harbor Physical Therapy
- South Sound Physical & Hand Therapy – Downtown Olympia
- IRG Physical & Hand Therapy – Edmonds
- IRG Physical & Hand Therapy – Greenwood
- SPT – Sports Physical Therapy Kirkland
- IRG Marysville Physical Therapy
- IRG Murphy’s Corner Physical Therapy – (Mill Creek)
- IRG Pacific Handworks – Bellevue
- IRG Pacific Hand Therapy – (Everett)
- IRG Silver Lake Physical Therapy
- IRG Smokey Point Physical & Hand Therapy
- IRG Snohomish Physical & Hand Therapy
- IRG Physical Therapy – Woodinville