Aswathy is passionate about helping children of all ages with communication disorders. She strongly believes in play-based methods. She is a multi-lingual speech-language pathologist (SLP) and has had the pleasure of working in multiple facilities in various capacities that include hospitals, public schools and special needs schools.
She has performed diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to cleft lip and palate, apraxia, autism, receptive language disorders and expressive language disorders. She also has experience with aural rehabilitation, articulation, phonological processing, oral-motor functioning disorders, voice, fluency, and pragmatic language disorders in infants, pre-school and school-aged children, and adults for those who are monolingual and bilingual.
She is certified in More Than Words® - The Hanen Program®, Oral Placement Therapy (Level 2), Beckman Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention Program and Inside Out Sensory Certificate Program (Autism-sensory Processing Level 1). She loves learning new evidence-based tools and strategies to provide the best care to her patients. She is also a recipient of the ACE Award, a formal recognition by ASHA awarded to those professionals who have demonstrated their commitment to lifelong learning. Aswathy enjoys organization and is always looking for creative ways to be an efficient therapist.
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (All India Institute of Speech and Hearing)
- Master of Speech and Language Pathology (Indian School of Allied Health Sciences)
- More Than Words® - The Hanen Program®
- Oral Placement Therapy (Level 2)
- Beckman Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention Program
- Inside Out Sensory Certificate Program (Autism-sensory Processing Level 1)
- PROMPT© - Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
- Natural Language Acquisition (NLA)