Rozanni Senanayake is an occupational therapist certified in hand therapy and has been practicing for over 20 years, rehabilitating her patients into wellness and functional recovery. Functional anatomy is core to her treatments, utilizing the knowledge of the interplay of the various joints of the upper quadrant to design the most efficient treatments. A strong believer in lifelong learning and evidence-based practice, she went on to obtain her post professional doctorate in OT with an emphasis in hand rehabilitation. Her practice model is patient centered with a continual effort in utilizing the most current and valid research findings as the basis for her clinical decisions and treatment planning.
She founded Washington Hand Therapy in 2003 which partnered with RET Physical Therapy Group in 2017, allowing her to pursue an adjunct career in academia at Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions and at the University of Puget Sound teaching Functional Anatomy and Healthcare Management. She is now the Vice President Clinical Operations/Occupational Therapy Service at IRG and supports IRG's hand therapists through site visits, mentorship and coaching.
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (Post-Professional Doctorate in Hand Therapy) (Rocky Mountain University of Health Professionals)
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (University of Puget Sound)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (Oregon State University)
- Custom splinting
- Desensitization/sensory reeducation
- Ergonomic analysis
- Hand/upper extremity rehabilitation
- Hand therapy
- Orthotic fabrication
- Post-operative care
- Scar management
- Wound care