Our therapists provide continuous wound assessment and care.
Sometimes our bodies need a little extra help to heal the way we need them to. For patients with complicated surgical wounds and those with wounds that aren’t showing signs of healing after three weeks, IRG’s clinicians provide ongoing assessment and management, applying research-based protocols to identify and correct any issues impeding the healing process.
Wound care services include:
- Referrals to a surgeon, orthotist, podiatrist, or other specialist when appropriate
- Assessment and recommendations for wound status, etiology factors, and nutritional status
- Established treatment protocols for care and debridement
- Patient, family, and caregiver education
- Vascular and sensory motor assessment