Accounts Receivable Specialist
Expectations of All IRG Employees
Employees support IRG’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: strong work ethic, professionalism, respect, accountability, excellent customer service, community, integrity, energy and enthusiasm.
Under the direct supervision of the AR Billing Manager, this full-time position provides the billing department with daily posting to accounts, insurance calls, and record keeping with efficiency. Must exercise independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize the workload required to complete the work assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the duties outlined above:
- Interacting with Front Office Coordinators and therapists on patient billing questions in a positive manner.
- Responsible for collecting, posting and managing insurance payments.
- Responsible for following up with insurance companies for incorrectly paid, rejected, denied or other non-contractually paid claims.
- Deposits and payments posted and balanced daily per EOBs.
- Electronic notes are entered for each patient giving a full description of phone calls, denials, re-bills, etc.
- Patient inquiries are researched and responded to within 48 hours, answering patient billing questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Private aging is worked, along with payment plans, phone calls and collection work. Notes are made in the system updating progress/status of accounts.
- Billing requests and/or corrections are sent to the front office as information is needed.
- Answers phone in 2-3 rings.
- Keeps patient interactions confidential; follows HIPAA regulations for privacy and security.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient with ten-key by touch.
- A desire to succeed and be profitable.
- Function with minimal supervision.
- Recognize and demonstrates the importance of excellent customer service behaviors.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and office procedures.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, coordinate, and perform a broad variety of tasks and stay focused on the objective.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, collections and third party payers.
- Comply with company dress code; professional personal appearance and attitude.
- Two years previous collections and/or billing experience.
- One year of physician office/hospital/medical experience preferred.
- Experience in CPT/ICD/HCPC codes.
- Maintains excellent communication while maintaining a courteous demeanor and professional attitude.
- Able to work independently, but also has the ability to function in a team environment and appreciate other employee roles and contributions
- Misses 6 or less work days per year.
- Arrives for work on time.
- Positive attitude.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Intermittent physical activity including, but not limited to bending, reaching, and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Schedule will be based on the needs of IRG.
- Able to work for extended periods of time at a computer.