Concussion Management - Evidence In Motion (2 Day)
Saturday, August 10th, 2024: TBD
Sunday, August 11th, 2024: TBD
IRG Physical Therapy - Gateway
4220 132nd ST SE
Mill Creek, WA 98012
"This course is designed to provide practitioners with the didactic and clinical skills necessary to successfully manage individuals with post-concussive symptoms and participate in return to play/learn/work decisions. Particular attention is focused on treatment-based classification of this complex condition. Participants will leave the weekend intensive with a robust understanding of cervical, ocular, vestibular and exertional assessment and treatment techniques in order to safely and effectively manage concussions. Furthermore, an emphasis will be placed on identifying and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team.
- Obtain an exquisite subjective history from patient and caregiver screening all systems, environmental, and social scenarios that may impede clinical care and outcome.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive physical examination to diagnose and/or recognize concussion signs and symptoms in the pediatric to geriatric patient.
- Demonstrate specific interventions to address specific concussion clinical profiles and modifiers: ocular, vestibular, post-traumatic migraine, cognitive fatigue, anxiety/mood, cervical and autonomic.
- Articulate the interdisciplinary model necessary to appropriately care for the chronic post-concussive patient and be able to identify which patients would benefit from referral to other health care providers.
- Evaluate an athlete’s readiness for return-to-play after a concussion.
- Incorporate and analyze patient cases for next day clinical application."