IRG and Virtual Kare have partnered!
Published - Sep 23, 2020
Continue your wellness journey with affordable, expert-led classes
Take charge of your wellbeing with wellness and prevention classes, after graduating from physical therapy with IRG. IRG and Virtual Kare have partnered to provide you with extended care once your insurance benefits, or time with IRG, comes to an end (for now!). IRG cares for you one-on-one with insurance, and Virtual Kare continues caring for you outside of therapy with affordable classes.
Virtual Kare’s small group classes are developed, taught and run by experienced physical, speech and occupational therapy professionals, and are designed for a wide range of specific needs. Classes cover everything from chronic pain, to mobility and posture, to disease-specific classes, such as Parkinson’s, and beyond. Virtual Kare also offers free weekly sessions, and short videos containing helpful routines and information on their Facebook page.
“We’ll give you better care at a lower cost, from the comfort of your home.” - Virtual Kare
Benefits of working with Virtual Kare:
- Save time - classes are taught virtually only, so no transportation time. Most classes are 30 to 45 minutes in length.
- Save money – the typical cost per class is $25 to $35.
- Small groups mean more instructor time - most classes have between five to eight people, with a maximum of 12 people, so you get the chance to ask the instructor questions, and get individualized tips for proper movement.
Virtual Kare’s small group settings allow their expert instructors to pay close attention to participants, and correct, modify and assist with proper execution of instructed movements.
Interested in learning more? Click here to see Virtual Kare’s current offerings, and to sign up for classes. Your first session is FREE!
Virtual Kare is offering several upcoming series:
Breathe Better in 8 Steps | $150, eight class series
Full series runs for eight weeks on Tuesdays at 12 p.m., beginning September 22
Regain control of your breathing and energy so that you can enjoy your life. Join Jay Berger, pulmonary physical therapist, for a six part series of affordable online classes, from the comfort of your own home.
You’ll learn how to:
- Improve your shortness of breath.
- Strengthen your respiratory muscles.
- Safely increase your activity tolerance.
- Better manage your energy and nutrition to maximize your quality of life.
Living Well with Parkinson’s Disease | $150, eight class series
Full series runs for eight weeks on Thursdays at 12 p.m., beginning September 24
Join Jay Berger, Lee Silverman Voice Treatment trained physical therapist, online for a series of eight affordable classes that focus on the specific challenges that Parkinson’s disease patients and their loved ones face.
- Using education and therapeutic exercises, you will learn how to manage your tone and tremors, improve your posture, balance and strength, and set up your home to reduce falls.
- Work on techniques proven to restore or improve normal movement and speed.
- Address how to improve bowel and bladder issues, nutrition and address the emotional issues and relationship dynamics that a progressive disease can evoke.